Earlobe Repair Surgery in Miami, Fl – Gables Plastic Surgery
Wearing heavy earrings and intentionally or unintentionally stretching your earlobes can create enlarged earlobe holes that will not independently close. In some cases, your earlobes might even split. Trauma to the earlobes can also cause an injury that can only be corrected with surgery. Aging lobes can also be unsightly because they are large compared to the rest of the face and they can make you look older.
These imperfections are hard to conceal, and hair and clothing can only cover so much. Regardless of the cause, be it aging, congenital, trauma, or heavy earrings, earlobe repair surgery by expert surgeon Dr. Jorge de la Pedraja can significantly enhance your overall facial beauty.
Dr. Jorge de la Pedraja is an expert in cosmetic earlobe surgery who has many years in practice. He is committed to ensuring that his patients are safe, have an exceptional experience, and are provided with outstanding results. Are you ready to start wearing that stunning pair of earrings again?
Learn more by calling (305) 441-9144 or contacting us online today. Gables Plastic Surgery is located in Coral Gables, FL, and proudly serves patients from Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Key Biscayne, Miami, Miami Beach, Pinecrest, and other South Florida areas.
About Your Earlobe Repair Surgery
Earrings aren’t the only reason behind earlobe damage; age, trauma, or other factors can cause unwanted and unexpected changes to the earlobes. Since the earlobes consist solely of fat and skin, they are flimsy and easily damaged.
Earlobe repair surgery repairs torn, damaged, sagging, or stretched earlobes and restores them to a more natural-looking, balanced, and symmetrical shape. They will also appear more youthful because they are smaller.
There are numerous earlobe repair techniques. Since the extent of earlobe damage differs from one patient to the next, each patient receives a personalized procedure tailored to address their specific needs. Despite being a commonly requested procedure, earlobe repair requires finesse and a detailed eye for delivering natural-looking results.
Types of Earlobe Repairs in Miami, Fl
When it comes to the types of earlobe repairs, there are several surgical options:
- Earlobe reduction restores the lobes back into balance with the rest of the ear.
- Keloid scar removal eliminates scars that develop around piercings.
- Split earlobe repairs reverse the tearing or stretching caused by heavy earrings or when earlobes split.
- Stretched earlobe surgery, or ear gauge repair surgery, repairs correct ear gauge damage and return symmetry and balance to the earlobes.
Reasons for Earlobe Repair Surgery
There are any number of cosmetic reasons why someone seeks an earlobe repair. A congenital disability, an accident, ageing, or a lifestyle change could all make the repair necessary.
An earlobe repair can correct or alter your earlobes to fit your face more proportionally by fixing issues such as:
- Congenital anomalies.
- Enlarged earlobes.
- Achieve a more symmetrical appearance.
- Injured earlobes.
- Irregularly shaped earlobes.
- Repair split or torn earlobes.
- Stretched from earrings.
- Age-related drooping, sagging, wrinkled, or thin earlobes.
What are the Benefits of Earlobe Surgery?
Dr. Jorge de la Pedraja in Miami, Florida, is an experienced plastic surgeon who only operates out of his fully accredited surgical facility. Under his care, you’ll enjoy a safe surgical experience with superior results and with thorough, attentive aftercare.
Earlobe repair offers the following advantages:
- Restores your natural earlobe contours.
- Helps your ears heal after a significant injury.
- Allows you to wear earrings normally again.
- Gives your earlobes a more youthful shape that complements your other facial features.
- Provides aesthetically pleasing earlobes.
- Allows you to re-pierce your ears.
- Can be done in an in-office procedure.
- Usually performed under local anesthesia.
- Requires minimal to no downtime.
Why Choose Dr. de la Pedraja
Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Member of Miami Society of Plastic Surgeons
Committed to providing the highest quality of care to each and every patient
Who Makes a Good Candidate for Earlobe Repair in Miami, Fl?
Ideal candidates for earlobe repair surgery are patients in good health and whose earlobes have been damaged, torn, stretched due to earrings, a facelift, trauma, age, or a congenital abnormality. Some candidates may simply wish to enhance the appearance of their earlobes or have their asymmetrical earlobes balanced.
Earlobe repair might be for you if you meet any of these criteria:
- The holes in your ears have become stretched to the point where you cannot wear ear studs anymore.
- After having worn heavy earrings for many years, the earlobe skin has lost its elasticity.
- You have stretched your ears with plugs or gauges.
- Your earlobes have been damaged as a result of forcible earring removal or tearing.
To have earlobe repair surgery, the patient will need to be in good overall health and preferably a non-smoker. If the patient has a history of excessive or keloid scarring, earlobe repair may not be the right choice.
During your consultation, you’ll be invited to discuss any concerns you might have about earlobe surgery.
What Are the Risks Associated With Earlobe Repair?
Earlobe repair does come with some potential risks and side effects, including scarring, asymmetry, and hematoma, but these are all rare. Our aim is for you to receive the best and safest earlobe repair Miami has to offer. That’s why Dr. Jorge de la Pedraja takes special precautions to ensure patient safety.
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Earlobe repair surgery is virtually painless and delivered as an in-office procedure under local anesthesia, typically taking less than an hour.
Look your best, feel your best
Dr. de la Pedraja is committed to providing the highest quality of care to each and every patient. His philosophy is to develop an individualized care plan to meet the needs of each patient with the utmost compassion and concern in a setting of comfort and confidentiality.
Your Recovery After Earlobe Repair
Most patients recover from their earlobe repair procedure very quickly and without any noticeable discomfort. Here are some things to keep in mind during your recovery:
- You should experience minimal discomfort following your surgery, but an over-the-counter medication such as Tylenol should be adequate for any minor discomfort.
- Shortly after your procedure, you will be able to go home.
- You can expect to return to work immediately after the procedure. However, we recommend you take one to two days off to rest and recover.
- The incisions will be covered with antibiotic ointment and a band-aid.
- In most cases, the sutures are removed at 10 days.
- You might experience slight bruising and swelling after this procedure, but these side effects should quickly resolve themselves.
- Touching your earlobes should be avoided during the healing process to keep the area clean and help reduce scarring.
- Earrings can be worn again after two months, but it will be best to avoid any heavy or dangling earrings initially.
- For at least a month after your surgery, you’ll need to protect your ears from sun exposure. Ultraviolet radiation can cause scar tissue to become darker and thicken.
Planning Your Miami Ear Gauge Repair Surgery
During your consultation with Dr. de la Pedraja, you will learn all about earlobe repairs and be well equipped to decide what is best for you. He will go over your health history and answer any questions you might have.
Using an individual approach, Dr. de la Pedraja tailors every procedure to each patient’s needs and helps them make the best decisions.
Discover How an Earlobe Repair Can Restore Your Facial Balance
Don’t let torn or damaged earlobes prevent you from wearing the hairstyles or earrings you enjoy! Schedule a one-on-one consultation with Dr. de la Pedraja and learn more about how earlobe surgery can enhance your appearance and confidence. Call (305) 441-9144 or contact us online today.
We proudly serve Miami, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Key Biscayne, Miami Beach, Pinecrest, and other South Florida areas.
Look Your Best, Feel Your Best!
Frequently Asked Questions About Earlobe Repair in Miami
Dr. Jorge de la Pedraja uses his expertise to effectively
Many events can affect your ears resulting in malformed or stretched earlobes that require surgery. Some of the most common causes include:
- Consistently wearing heavy earrings for extended periods.
- Catching earrings on clothing.
- Babies or young children tugging on earrings.
- Earlobe discs, gauges, or spacers leaving large holes.
Certainly! After two months, you can consider piercing your ears again.
The cost of your earlobe repair will depend on the specifics of your case. Please feel free to schedule a private consultation to receive a quote, and Dr. Jorge de la Pedraja will gladly provide you with one.